The Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics (GIAL) is located on the campus of the International Linguistics Center (ILC) in Dallas, Texas. GIAL offers year-round training, including advanced courses in Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Literacy, Language Survey and Anthropology. Spring courses include a nine unit Literacy Megacourse for Literacy specialists.
- A Certificate in Applied Linguistics
- A Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Teamwork
- A Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics, with concentrations in
- A Master of Arts in Language and Culture Studies with concentrations in
- A Master of Arts in World Arts
In its twelve-year history, GIAL has enrolled over 1200 students, including over 250 who have graduated with masters degrees. These students are currently serving in over 70 countries around the world.