An official copy of an appropriate transcript which verifies that you are qualified to participate in the intended coursework. The transcript should show the highest level of schooling you have completed so far. (See the bulleted list below.)
School records should come directly to GIAL from the school itself or be in an unopened, signed and sealed envelope which you received directly from the school. Electronic transcripts sent by the school are acceptable as long as the school recognizes them as official. If using regular mail instead, schools should direct transcripts to GIAL Admissions, 7500 W Camp Wisdom Rd, Dallas, TX 75236.
Official academic records from outside the United States do not need be sent to a credential evaluation service, but an English translation of the transcript should be provided along with the transcript for transcripts not already in English.
The transcript should show the highest level of education you have completed (one of the levels below):
- at least 2 years of high school completed with at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA (permits enrollment in IS1301 and IS1311 only)
- completion of high school with at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- at least 54 credit hours of undergraduate study with at least a 2.80 cumulative GPA
- an earned Bachelors degree with at least a 2.80 cumulative GPA, or
- an earned Masters degree with at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA.