Below are listed the typical schedules for GIAL Orientation programs. Please note that these are subject to change. Once admitted and registered, you will receive further, detailed information closer to the date(s) of your Orientation.
Day 1: 3:00-5:00pm, with dinner following
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
Please see more details about the next upcoming Orientation program below.
Tuesday, August 15 (Activity Center)
*If you arrive and wish to get started earlier than 3 p.m., please begin on the business items listed at the bottom of this page. (Most offices and services will be available starting at 9 a.m.)
3:00 p.m. Check-In (show passport or driver’s license) and Photo
3:15 p.m. Welcome
3:30 p.m. Introductions
3:50 p.m. GIAL Essentials
4:50 p.m. Meet your Adviser
5-6:00 p.m. Pizza and Salad Dinner–Spouses/children are welcome to join!
*Please let us know if you have any food restrictions.
Wednesday, August 16 (Mahler Building)
8:00 a.m. Student Body Association (SBA) Introduction and Tour (Mahler 7)
9:00 a.m. Library Orientation (Pike, Library)
9:50 a.m. ILC Welcome Desk (Mahler, Center Director’s Office)
10:00 a.m. Break (Four Points Lounge)
10:30 a.m. GIAL Logistics (Mahler 7)
11:00 a.m. Computer Orientation (Mahler 6–Computer Lab)
*Bring any passwords you have received for GIAL business already, permanent/local addresses, and emergency contact information. Also bring any electronic devices on which you would like to have Wi-Fi access.
12:00 p.m. Lunch *The Dining Hall will be open.
12:30 p.m. Information Lunch–Transform Worship Teams (Cornerstone Hall)
Checklist: Please use the rest of the day to finish any remaining business.
- Check that you have completed all post-admission paperwork (Pike 113)
- Confirm financial arrangements with Business Manager (Pike 112), then make payment to Cashier (Pike 112)
- ILC registration/ILC building access name badge (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- ILC parking sticker/vehicle registration (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Sign up for the ILC News (DCN) and ILC Messages (DCM) (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Meet with adviser (by mutual appointment)
- Take electronic devices to Chuck Walek (Mahler 11) for Wi-Fi access