Below are listed the typical schedules for GIAL Orientation programs. Please note that these are subject to change. Once admitted and registered, you will receive more-detailed information closer to the date(s) of your Orientation.
Day 1: 3:00-5:00pm, with dinner following
Day 2: 8:30am-12:00pm
See more details about the next upcoming Orientation program below.
Please be sure to bring the following information/items with you to Orientation:
- Photo ID (passport or driver’s license)
- Permanent and local address information
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact information
- Any passwords you have already been using for GIAL business
- Any electronic devices on which you would like to have Wi-Fi access
Monday, July 16 (Event Center)
*If you arrive and wish to get started earlier than 3 p.m., please begin on the business items listed at the bottom of this page. (Most offices and services will be available starting at 9 a.m.)
3:00 p.m. Check-In (show passport or driver’s license) and Photo
3:15 p.m. Welcome
3:30 p.m. Introductions
3:50 p.m. GIAL Essentials
4:50 p.m. Meet Your Adviser
5-6:00 p.m. Pizza and Salad Dinner—Spouses/children are welcome to join!
*Please let us know if you have any food restrictions.
Tuesday, July 17 (Mahler Building)
8:00 a.m. Student Body Association (SBA) Introduction and Tour (Mahler 7)
9:00 a.m. Library Orientation (Pike, Library)
9:50 a.m. ILC Welcome Desk (Mahler, Center Director’s Office)
10:00 a.m. Break (Four Points Lounge)
10:30 a.m. GIAL Logistics (Mahler 7)
11:00 a.m. Computer Orientation (Mahler 6—Computer Lab)
*Bring any passwords you have received for GIAL business already, permanent/local addresses, and emergency contact information. Also bring any electronic devices on which you would like to have Wi-Fi access.
12:00 p.m. Lunch *The Dining Hall will be open.
Please use this afternoon to finish any remaining business:
- Check that you have completed all post-admission paperwork (Pike 113)
- Confirm financial arrangements with Business Manager (Pike 112),
then make payment to Cashier (Pike 112)
- ILC registration/ILC building access name badge (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- ILC parking sticker/vehicle registration (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Sign up for the ILC News and ILC Messages (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Confirm mailing address/location with both Welcome Desk and Mailroom
- Meet with adviser as needed (by mutual appointment)
- Take electronic devices to Chuck Walek for Wi-Fi access (Mahler 11)