In compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, formerly the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, GIAL makes the following information available regarding specified campus crime statistics and campus security policies.
Click here to view a security information map for the Dallas/Duncanville area.
Information regarding local registered sex offenders can be obtained by contacting the local police departments. Use this site for Texas sex offender registry: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/
Alerts: GIAL’s Emergency Notification System is the main method of receiving emergency notifications. Individuals who have subscribed to GIAL’s Emergency Notification System will be notified regarding school closings and emergencies. Click here to subscribe to the ENS. Alerts can be sent via text message, email and or voice message.
I. Where to Report Crimes
To Report A Crime – Report what you see
If you witness an event that you consider an emergency, take the following steps:
- Get yourself to a place of safety.
- Call 911. From Center phones dial 911.
- DO NOT EXPOSE YOURSELF TO DANGER. If you are not certain what hazards are in the area of the emergency, WAIT FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAMS TO ARRIVE.
- If you are sure that you are not in danger from fire, smoke, hazardous materials, or persons try to help victims of the emergency until emergency response teams arrive.
- When possible, call 7340 from a center phone (or 972-708-7340) to notify GIAL Administration of the situation.
Emergency responders (Police, Fire Department, Hazardous Materials Team, Risk Managers) will make decisions when they are on scene. The Police will probably be the first to arrive. Follow all of their instructions.
They will assess the situation and may set up a perimeter. Do not cross the perimeter. Answer their questions completely.
Police may not have hazardous materials protection, so they may not be able to help victims immediately. They will contact the responders who will help victims. Your cooperation will enable this to happen quickly.
For information about sexual harassment, view the Sexual Harassment Policy page.